Dear Mimi

Dear Mimi,
Someday you may arrive at this foreign place called motherhood, and it is with the deepest love that I need to tell you- it's fantastically hard. I pray you'll stand firm in God's love, and hope you'll learn from my meanderings along the way.

Love, Mama

Passing on Grammy

I spoke at Grammy's funeral as an effort to honor her, capture her essence, and spread it wherever I can. This is part of what I said, just a few of my favorite attributes...

Laugh, loud and often.

Pray.

Feed the birds... and the squirrels, duck, deer and turkey too.

Take pictures, lots and lots of pictures.

For Breakfast, write tiny love notes, and roll them inside of Swedish Pancakes.

Read the bible, underline your favorite parts and know them by heart.

Take notes, lots and lots of notes.

Belly dance, and be willing to demonstrate on a moments notice.

If it’s legal and moral – try it.

Watch old family videos and roar in laughter.

Leave the front door always open, so as to let the light in.

Keep a journal.

Cry more when you’re happy, and less when you’re sad.

Love the unloveable.

Be bold and brave, strong and courageous, fight the good fight and finish strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment